FACILITÉS DE BOURSES
Although non-profit foundation universities offer several scholarships to international students, there are also two government-sponsored scholarships which have been listed below:
For more information please visit: www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr and www.trscholarships.org
The monthly allowance allocated according to level of study is as follows:
• Undergraduate Students; 700 Turkish Lira
• Master’s Students; 950 Turkish Lira
• Ph.D. Students; 1,400 Turkish Lira
• Research Scholarships; 3,000 Turkish Lira
Türkiye Scholarships students can stay in public university dormitories without paying any fees. Students who do not wish to stay in these dormitories can opt for other housing options on their own expenses.
III. Tuition and Fees
Türkiye Scholarships students do not pay any tuition or university fees.
IV. Health Expenses
Türkiye Scholarships students’ health expenses are covered by public health insurance.
V. Turkish Language Course
Türkiye Scholarships Students are subject to a Turkish language course for one year if they do not have proof of Turkish Language proficiency. Turkiye Scholarships students who will study a program in other languages instead of Turkish are also required to take the Turkish Language Course.
VI. Travel Expenses (One-off Flight Ticket)
Turkish Scholarship students are provided with a once time ticket for their first arrival in Turkey and for their departure after completing their study. If the student purchases the ticket, the amount will be reimbursed later on.
Candidates who have graduated or are likely to graduate from an educational institution equivalent to that of Türkiye’s in the present academic (i.e. bachelor’s degree for master’s level) can apply to Türkiye Scholarships.
There is also age condition for candidates required to meet.
• For applicants applying to Undergraduate Degree: Those who were born no earlier than 01.01.1997,
• For applicants applying to Master’s Degree: Those who were born no earlier than 01.01.1988,
• For applicants applying to Ph.D Degree: Those who were born no earlier than 01.01.1983,
• For applicants applying to Research Program: Those who were born no earlier than 01.01.1973,
• Applicants shouldn’t have any health problems barrier to education.
It is expected to have certain academic score from candidates for each program and scholarship level. There are specific minimum score of the program that you are applying at “assessment and selection” section.
Students who are currently studying in Türkiye are not allowed to apply to the level that they are already studying.
Turkish citizens and persons who lost Turkish citizenship cannot apply for this scholarship program.
Türkiye scholarships are open for all country citizens who meet these conditions.
Short-term scholarship programs may have additional application requirements. Please check the requirements during the application period.
Application can only be made on-line via this website.
ASSESSMENT AND SELECTION
The selection of candidates is carried out according to academic achievement and interview performance. Türkiye Scholarships is a program based on academic success of the candidates.
Academic criteria of the applicants will be measured according to these documents:
• Diploma Grade
• General Average Grades Received Until The Last Term (*)
• University Entrance Exam Grade (if any)
• High School Graduation Exam / Baccalaureate Grade (if any)
• International Test Score (if any)
• Other Academic Assessment Score
(*) cumulative GPA
Candidates must have at least
• For Undergraduate degree applications 70 %
• For Master’s degree and Ph.D. Degree applications 75 %
• For Medical School applications 90 %
weighted grade point average over their maximum graduation grade.
Candidates among those who completed the application fully will be invited to interview according to their academic success.
Interview information will be delivered by e-mails and online application system. Interviews will be held face to face or via communication tools in the countries where Turkish Consulates or Embassies don’t exist.
TÜBİTAK provides financial support for international students via the following programs:
- Undergraduate scholarship program for international students
- Research fellowship program for foreign citizens
- Graduate scholarship program for the least developed countries
- Graduate scholarship program for international students
For more information please visit: http://www.tubitak.gov.tr/en/scholarship/undergraduatesgraduates/national-programmes